Unit 4: Comparison & Contrast Essays


 The differences and similarities in places I've visited

    Actually, I have been to a lot of places and mostly those places are in Cambodia. I can say that all of the places that I have been to are very interesting and beautiful. No words could use to describe how these places are so amazing. 

    If you like to travel especially to the ancient places, I think you would know which place could be the best place to go. I went to Siemreap many times this year and I suggest you should go there during the raining season because everything a long the road are green and quite colder than the summer. What I like the most in Siemreap is ancient temple. I've been to Angkor Wat and Ta Prohm temple. These 2 ancient temples are located in Siemreap and very popular. It takes us less than 30 minutes to get to the Angkor Wat temple and less than an hour to get to Ta Prohm temple. Sometimes, it depends on the the day that you go there and the traffic as well.

    Both temple were built in the ancient time and age more than 1000 years. Angkor Wat and Ta Prohm built from stone (sandstone) and both were built by human. Both temple are surrounded by a lots of big and tall tree that make the temples look even more enjoyable. Even though these two temple have different name but the art that sculpt into the stone look very familiar. 

    On the other hand, these two temples have some different that make it look unique on its own. Angkor Wat is bigger than Ta Prohm temple. Angkor Wat is surrounded by the moat which look similar to the river but moat is a little bigger. The moat make Angkor Wat a different temple from Ta Prohm. But, Ta Prohm temple also has something that Angkor Wat does not has as well such as a big tall tree that grow over the temple. This tree attracted a lot of people. 

     I couldn't describe enough how these temples caught my eyes every time I go there. I like these every little details about the temples and both temples are amazing.

    

Angkor Wat temple 


Ta Prohm temple 

Comments

  1. I love to visit Siemreap too, Phai!. I went there last
    winter in July. It was cold and very refreshing. Beside Angkor Wat I went to Banteay Srey temple it was so beautiful😍.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have been to Banteay srey temple as well. It looked beautiful like you said.

      Delete
  2. I've been to Siem Reap many times, but for Ta Prohm temple I went there only once time. I hope someday I will go there again.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I miss visiting Siem Reap already as I read your blog, I want to visit there again 😞🤞

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Call me when you go there. Why don't we all go together.

      Delete

Post a Comment